Dental crowns are custom-fit “caps” that fit over the entire tooth structure, restoring the strength, function, comfort and appearance of your teeth. They are cemented into place to cover the visible portion of a tooth entirely. Crowns are made in porcelain and gold, and can also be fused to already existing metal crowns.
Are you a candidate for dental crowns?
Crowns are designed for patients that have:
- Broken or fractured teeth that are worn down.
- Any weak teeth that are at risk to breaking or cracking.
- Teeth that are decayed.
- Large fillings that are covering a tooth that is barely left.
- Dental implants that need to be covered.
- Stained or misshapen teeth that need to be covered.
- Had a root canal and a tooth needs protection.
- A need for cosmetic enhancement.